The Gospel

The Gospel

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Take Time To Read

One of the joys of my later life is learning to appreciate reading more and more. In high school and college I was not much of a reader. I try not to just read for readings sake, but to read things that will encourage me, challenge me or even rebuke me.

I am not a fast reader but I have been trying to maximize my time to read more. Turning off the TV once in a while is a great way to start. Try reading while you are waiting...on hold, at a doctors office, at the bank. Reading when you are stuck some where...stuck in bed cause you are sick, stuck in the Hospital...

You will find that reading makes the time go much faster and that you are able to make the most of those moments when it looks like little good can come out of them.

Currently I am reading "The Gospel According to Jesus" by John MacArthur and "Running Scared" by Ed Welch.

What are you reading...I would love to hear.

If you aren't reading something...pick something up...if nothing else the Bible is a great place to start.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm reading "The Last Patriot" by Brad Thor. It's a triller novel in the vein of The DaVinci Code, about radical Islam's attempts to squelch Muhammed's final revelation. It is fictional, but based on actual events.

The Outpost - Bible Preaching (Brooke Taylor)