The Gospel

The Gospel

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Inspiring Questions


Yesterday, on her way to church, our daughter (3) was telling my wife why it was not good that Barack Obama became president. She said, "he kills babies." My daughter was scared. My wife was alarmed at her candor. I was proud of the lack of spin from a child.

When we explained to our daughters what abortion was and why we were morally opposed to it, I could find no other way than to use such language, it is killing. When my wife and I were expecting our second daughter, genetic testing was required in NY state. We went in and found that we both carried a gene that would leave our daughter with a 1 in four chance of being born severely handicapped. The counselor suggested abortion. We, none the less, did not terminate the life of the baby in my wife's womb. Our daughter, other than being a little accident proned and a sinner deserving death, has nothing wrong with her.

So my daughter sees the sobering truth of what abortion is. I only wish that President Elect Obama could see that. For all the history that was made Tuesday, what is lost is that the first black president supports abortion and planned parenthood, an organization that was born out of the Eugenics movement whose sole purpose was to eliminate minorities, the handicapped, and specifically blacks. Of all the people who should hate abortion, planned parenthood and this culture of death is Barack Obama. If you hate racism (as you should), you also should hate the abortion movement.

Let us pray that he sees the truth...that there is a life in the womb...and taking a life (through abortion or KKK lynching) is morally wrong. May God change the heart of Obama to love King Jesus by loving the most vulnerable.


No comments:

The Outpost - Bible Preaching (Brooke Taylor)