The Gospel

The Gospel

Monday, January 19, 2009

Hail King Obama

I have been observing the headlines preparing us for the presidential inauguration.

Here are some of them: "OBAMATHON: THE CONCERTS, THE SPEECHES, THE PARTIES, THE HOPE..."; "He can save us!"; "Barack Obama has only four years to save the world.... ".

As a Christian this kind of rhetoric concerns me greatly. The Media, the Left, and now many in the church are giving Obama the kind of attention and status that was once only reserved for King Jesus. Don't get me wrong, I hope Obama succeeds in being a great president. I hope he leads our country well. I also hope that he changes his views on abortion, life, homosexuality and more.

But Obama can not save us. Obama can not save the world. Obama can not even save himself. After watching the film Valkyrie this weekend, I have a sense of concern over making one man so great, so big, so messianic. The only place he can go is down...He hasn't taken office yet, he hasn't signed one bill, he hasn't made one policy change...and he is already the great American Hope.

God help us to only put our hope in Jesus: For our future, for our life, for salvation, for our world. Hail King Jesus.

No comments:

The Outpost - Bible Preaching (Brooke Taylor)