The Gospel

The Gospel

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Is It Unpatriotic To Be Disappointed Today?

It began on Friday...and continues today. The inauguration celebration for Mr. Obama is in full force today. Would you consider me unpatriotic if I am not one of the millions who are celebrating?

Don't get me wrong, I understand the historical moment of an African American becoming president. Certainly it is an achievement that none thought possible. But I see schools having parties, people singing songs, men and women saying that they now have hope. Is Obama becoming president or is he the Messiah?

You see I am not pleased today because this man who apparently brings hope for the living brings fear to the babies in wombs by being in favor of abortion on demand and likely repealing the partial birth abortion ban.

I am not pleased as an American because I read yesterday how schools, newspapers, and work places are stifling the constitution by excluding criticism of the new president {I hope the ACLU has seen these atrocities}. I am unhappy because Obama would rather stand in opposition to protecting the Defense of Marriage Act than on the Biblical authority. I am concerned because his brand of Christianity is decidedly different from the Biblical witness and he will become the representative of Christianity and religious pluralism coming together.

I am alarmed as I watch men and women of the church throw praise and glory on a man that is reserved only for the God/Man Jesus Christ.

But I am also Joyful. Joyful because my future does not lie in the hands of President Obama but in the hands of King Jesus. Joyful because my hope is not in the triumphal entry of President Obama but in the triumphal re-entry of King Jesus. Joyful because the thing that will change the world is not Obama and a singing children's choir but rather King Jesus and a choir of multitudes of Angels declaring His arrival.

So today call me unpatriotic....call me un-American. You may not be that far off. You see I am a citizen of a more glorious Kingdom. I am a follower of a more glorious leader. I pledge allegiance to a more beautiful flag. No, I am not unpatriotic, I just don't believe that this kind of praise is worthy of this particular man.

"Worthy is the Lamb, seated on the throne
We crown you now with many crowns, you reign victorious.
You are high and lifted up, Jesus Son of God
The darling of Heaven Crucified...Worthy is the Lamb."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many people fought and died in the American revolution to form a nation that stood against the notion that a king was the embodiment of God's rule on earth. While the liberal media may disagree with you, I think our founding fathers would consider anyone who spoke against the idolization of a man to be quite patriotic.

Celebrity worship will be the downfall of this nation.

The Outpost - Bible Preaching (Brooke Taylor)