The Gospel

The Gospel

Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Humility of...ME!

I have been introduced to Facebook. I am now a statistic.

I am sure the novelty will run out soon, but it is actually sort of interesting to see and hear from people from your past that you wondered what happened to or ...gulp...forgot about.

I am reminded as I see names of people from the past...how bad of a friend I really am. You see, a good friend wouldn't forget names and faces...a good friend wouldn't lose contact so quickly....a good friend would rejoice with those friends when they rejoiced..and cried when they cried. After all these friends aren't just high school buds, they are brothers and sisters in Christ. We are family.

I see pictures of me and...laugh...laugh at how I used to be...laugh at how I still look a lot like that today...

I was reminded of nearly catching the Chi-Chi's restaurant on fire...as my sweater went up in flames. I am reminded of being selfish to my friends...not putting them first, but me...I am humbled because as much as I loved those years...I am somewhat embarrassed as I look back today and how bad of a friend I was then...and yet by God's grace those people still called me a friend.

Friendship like that points me to Christ. An imperfect, sinful guy, who is immensely selfish...doesn't deserve a friend...much less the greatest FRIEND ever...

God never ceases to take me from my most proud moments to my most humblest, no doubt each time to direct me to Christ...Thank you Jesus for being my friend...and for giving me friends that point me to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I couldn't have said this any better! It's crazy to look back, then see how far the Lord has lead us!

The Outpost - Bible Preaching (Brooke Taylor)